Monday 17 August 2015

#Relationship: My Thoughts on CHEATING! (Must Read)


“I broke up with my boyfriend because I heard he was kissing one girl like that; I have not even seen the girl before. I am just angry!”

“My boyfriend had some random sex with other ladies when I went for NYSC, I can never forgive him! But he continues to apologize”.


“I don’t trust him again, read some of his chats to several girls and they were so intimate, I don’t even understand guys again!”

“He talks a lot with girls and I am easily jealous, I don’t want him again.”

“We are in different locations and he doesn’t chat or call me regularly again. I don’t know what he wants.”

“After all the sex I give him, he still goes around saying he doesn’t have a girlfriend, what does he mean? Men are just so wicked!”

“She smiles and laugh with other guys; she should only smile when I am with her!”


I have heard and listened to so many stories and reasons of breakup and I wonder and ask myself “What actually is CHEATING?” and “Does your meaning of cheating justify your breakup?” Asking people what cheating mean to them, I got these responses;

“You cheat when you start having interest in another person rather than your partner whom you have agreed to love and cherished.”

“Cheating in a relationship is when you develop the attitude of having another eye in a woman without letting your partner know.”

“My girlfriend is not allowed to smile at any other man; I am her only source of joy. The day she smiles at any one, she has cheated.”

“Cheating is an unbridled extension of feelings towards a person that does not rightly or legally belong to you with a marriage vow.”

“When you start having sexual thoughts about another person instead of your partner”

So many responses and opinions about cheating are relative to individuals, the bottom line is that cheating is between two people and one is offended. Most times when I hear of cheating, it is the guy offending/cheating which means that CHEATING to most ladies is physical (Sex and romance). Well, cheating is in different forms but ultimately it depends on YOU!

My question to us is “What type/form of Cheating is forgivable and can be forgone by you?” Most of us have not asked ourselves this question and we really don’t know how far we can give our partner as far as cheating is concerned. Most break-ups are as a result of minor (in my opinion) acts of cheating. Most times, we accuse our partner of cheating out of jealousy or annoyance. I believe if the offender is sincerely sorry and knows he/she has cheated and you still love the person, why break up?? However, we all must sincerely ask and answer the question “What type/form of Cheating is forgivable and can be forgone by you?”

 Some couples do survive cheating but only if both of you honestly think the relationship is worth it and the guilty person is prepared to do everything it takes to win back your trust and love.
It's important that your partner recognizes your feelings. He or she may be sorry, but that's different from understanding the pain, heartache, and confusion you're going through. Tell your partner how you really feel, and make sure he or she acknowledges everything that is going through your head.

Have an honest conversation about what happened is the only way to move forward. You should plan a day and time to sit down with your partner and to talk about what happened. You may have already shouted or argued about it, but this is different from breaking down what happened in a rational way.

If you have tried everything and are still filled with anger and resentment and can't possibly find a way to move the relationship forward, then it's time to end things; however, think through and evaluate before calling it quit.

The forms of cheating I know are Physical cheating, Emotional cheating, Cyber cheating (internet), Text messaging cheating, One night stand, etc. Please share your thought on forms of cheating and which is forgivable by you.




1 comment:

  1. I can't except cheating in any way. That's the last thing a person can do.If you feel your partner is cheating on you then you can install a spying app www.mspylite.com/ which will help you to expose your partner and not to suffer anymore.

    ReplyDelete